What are you doing race weekend? Want to volunteer and be of real help to lots of amazing athletes? These are a few of the areas where your help would be greatly appreciated.
- Aid stations along the race route
- Work at an aid station for individual runners. These are located at approximately 10-mile intervals from Tavernier to the finish line in Key West. (This is a great way to accrue required school service credits.)
- Finish line support: Greet arriving runners and teams with applause. Help hand out medals and buckles, retrieve drop bags for un-crewed runners, prep and offer food and drinks, and much more.
Along the Route:
- Course marshal
- Signage placement and take-down
- Logistics support: runner drop bag delivery and pick-up, aid station re-supply
- Race start: check-in runners and teams for 100 and 50 mile races
- Pre-race packet pick-up and meeting in Key Largo
- Set up and take down, tables and gear
- Distribute race packets and other items; check in participants
- Complement ambulance and medical team along route and especially at finish line
Racer Support Crew (and Pacing):
Participate in the race! Some individual out-of-town runners may prefer to compete with a support crew but be unable to bring people from home. Crew will drive the support vehicle, meeting the racer at pre-determined intervals to replenish drinks, ice and food, change shoes, clothes or gear, take a break, etc. Some racers may want a crew member pacing him/her for at least part of the race. Good crew are an integral part of the successful racer's effort, providing encouragement as well as physical support. Crewing can be a very fulfilling experience. Find your runner by logging onto the race Facebook page and offering your service.
- Promote runner participation in the races
- Distribute race brochures and posters to appropriate businesses or at races in your area
- Contact media to raise awareness of this unique event; request interviews and appearances
- Assist with social media promotion
- Promote prostate cancer fundraising and support for the “Cancer Foundation of the Florida Keys”
- Solicit potential race sponsors, promoting the race and prostate cancer cause
- Distribute Sponsorship Prospectus